At the end of August 2008, my family and I travelled to New York City to take in the city that never sleeps. One of the nights we saw a Broadway show, “In the Heights”, and I absolutely LOVED it! The moment the show ended we ran to the counter and purchased the soundtrack, and bought a program. That show was unforgettable because of the emotion that it brought to the audience through the situations the actors were going through. It was amazing that even though I sat in those seats for just a short few hours, I was feeling the pain they felt when a loved one died or the happiness that made them jump for joy when the lottery was won.
"Griffin and Pheonix" was one of the latest movies I sat down and watched, and I thoroughly enjoyed it! The plot of the movie was very inspiring, considering both of the actors were dying and ended up falling in love for the last days of their lives. I thought the whole movie was so sweet because they had such a great time in each other’s arms up until the day they passed away. The storyline really captured my heart.
What also catches my attention is originality, and the show that satisfied my creative side was "The Blue Man Group". What they do with tubes and paint is just plain crazy! The creativeness starts once the men hit the stage smothered in blue paint. Then come the abstract sound equipment they play around the stage space, which are made out of tubes, sticks and metal. I enjoyed that show because it’s so different compared to anything I had ever seen before because the creativity was a 10!
Back when I was around 12 I was obsessed with the movie "Enough", starring Jennifer Lopez. My mom didn’t understand why I loved it so much; it was about an abusive husband. She finally realized what intrigued me so much about this movie once she finally sat down and watched it, and it was the lesson that it taught viewers. The lesson that I learned when I watched it was, to stand up for myself. Movies aren’t only for entertainment but the lessons that shine through in the end.
The exaggeration throughout the pages of "I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell" made me laugh out loud multiple times! Tucker Max writes about his life as the drunken asshole every single girl hated to be around. I have never enjoyed a book like I did when I read Tucker Max`s story, because of the many hilarious shenanigans he got himself into throughout his life.
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment