Tuesday, February 10, 2009

CHOMP! CHOMP! CHOMP!

1. The number one book I would eat is the play I read in grade 11, Shakespeare's Macbeth. I cannot stand Shakespeare! Why do we have to read the same exact books that our parents read!? You would think that the curriculem would have more up to date books for students to read, but that is far from the truth! I think the like or dislike of Shakespeare all depends on the teacher and their translation techniques. The only play of his I didnt mind was Hamlet because Mrs. Deckert translated very well to the class. Though, I still think that all Shakespeare plays should burn away into a thin dust and blow away forever.

2. Secondly, I would eat the book "I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell", actually I would inhale it because I would want to eat this book so fast! Tucker Max has a personality to die for! I think he is absolutely HILARIOUS! He is really such a complete asshole but the antics he gets into are way too funny!

3. The third book that I would chew up and digest would be "Smashed" by Koren Zailckas. She wrote about her alcoholic life and I just want to eat it all up to understand what she was going through and understand her mind set. I think it would be very interesting to sit in on somebody else's way of life and thoughts.

4. Life of Pi should definitely be eaten up and spit right back out! That book takes forever to read because the descriptive words just take over and all you see is gibberish. I thought it was a very odd book to have to read because the symbolism is not obvious and you clearly need help from teachers to read it. I though it was a dreadful book to read and have to endure.

5. Lastly, I would eat "Green Eggs and Ham" by Dr. Seuss. I would love to find out what those green eggs taste like compared to our everyday normal eggs.

3 comments:

  1. I'm finding you're not the only one who feels this way about Life of Pi. I'm surprised, I read this novel at the pool side in Cuba and really enjoyed it. Perhaps reading it for school is what made it such a drag?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't even read Life of Pi. Called it a day after page 27.

    ReplyDelete